On August 01, 2015, Great Lakes Airlines ( www.greatlakesav.com ) resumed flights from the Prescott Municipal Airport to Denver, CO (DIA) via Farmington, according to Prescott Airport Manager John Cox during a phone interview. The resumed route to Denver is in addition to the current route to Los Angeles (LAX).
The Prescott Municipal Airport is one of the most unique airports in the United States because:
- It is home to the country's leading flight training institutions including Guidance Aviation which provides high altitude helicopter flight training and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, known worldwide for its flight training and engineering programs.
- It is home to one of the country’s most innovative flight simulation companies in the U.S., X-Copter.
- The airport is the gateway to some of the most spectacular destinations in the U.S. including Sedona and the Grand Canyon.
- The airport has a growing airpark with distinct advantages for businesses located there as employers can recruit graduates from the aviation degree programs in the region including the Yavapai College Aviation degree program and ERAU.
- It is listed as one of the busiest flight training airports in the U.S. according to the FAA.
- Well over 300+ days per year are great weather flying days.
- A gateway for our tourists and visitors, bringing economic vitality to our City.
- The Prescott Airport is home to some of the largest employers in the City, and region, providing a variety of both entry level jobs and high paying careers.